Skip to main content

Flavorful, Spicy Tacos your whole Family will Love

After years of trying to eat together as a GF family, my husband and I sometimes get it right. He decided to make tacos and looked for GF ingredients for me. He ended up finding products that we both love together. This is definitely a keeper recipe. We recommend you change the spice level for younger children. Teenagers will love this because it is like Doritos and a little edgy.

Spicy, Semi-Homemade Tacos
Ingredients:
1 lb ground meat (hamburger, turkey or chicken)
1 packet of Old El Paso brand gluten free, low sodium taco seasoning
1 can of Rotel brand diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
1 small can of tomato sauce (for thickness)
1 cup of lettuce (chopped)
1 tomato (diced)
1/2 cup Mexican mix shredded cheese
1 package of Old El Paso Bold Spicy Cheddar Flavored Taco Shells
Salsa, hot sauce, sriracha, tapatio of your choice



Prep time: 20 minutes
Brown ground meat, drain. (Do not cool). Prepare cooked meat according to the taco seasoning instructions. Add Rotel and tomato sauce and mix with meat on low heat.

Prepare your taco in the shell. Eat.


Have a Happy Health-a-licious Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O-M-Goodness! Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (75% Sugar-Free)

This so sooo amazing! Of course, I had to tweek it to my dietary needs.  You are going to fall out of your chair at how easy and surprisingly delicious this is. Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Dairy-Free -  Gluten-Free -  Sugar-Free -  High in fiber and protein -  Low in fat -  250 calories   Ingredients: 3 Cups of Prepared Garbanzo aka Chickpeas (Or 2 cans Garbanzos that have been drained and well rinsed. I used Bush's brand.) 1 cup Quaker Oats Gluten-Free Quick Oats 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce 3 tbsp Coconut Oil 2 tsp Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp Baking Soda 2 tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp Salt (Finely ground sea salt from Sunshine Nutrition Center http://sunshinehealthy.com) 1 1/3 cups Truvia Brown Sugar with Stevia for baking (75% Sugar-Free) 1 Tbs. Molasses 1 cup Semisweet Carob Chips (http://sunshinehealthy.com) Directions:   Preheat Oven to 350     ˚F Combine all ingredients (except the...

Make Ahead & Freeze Gluten Free Recipes.

After 8 months of gluten free eating my husband is on board to cook gluten free meals for me. He is an amazing cook. He is creative, follows the recipe and adds his own flair to make the recipe all his own. He even came in 2nd at a huge chili cook off at our church. He has created two new home recipes for me. Both are make ahead recipes. Both are freezable. In our household we like to cook twice a week. Enough to be evening staple meals for two or three days. With only two of us it makes it easier than most families of 4 or more. With these new freezable recipes we have been trying, we can cook on Sunday and have meals for a month if we choose. These recipes can stay in the freezer for up to 3 months. Pizza Tot Casserole 1 1/2lbs ground beef                                     ...

The search for healthy delicious foods

I have been in a life long search to find healthy delicious foods that work for my health and my body. Always seeking to find the latest and greatest in foods and flavors that work best for me and my health. I am working to keep my body energetic and fit while overcoming health obstacles that I never imagined would be on my journey in this lifetime. I am writing this blog in the hopes to help others who are on the same journey. Busy women who are on a health quest for themselves and their families. Women who need to keep their energy high and their emotions on track daily so they can be a Proverbs 31 woman. (More to come about that later.) I am by no means an expert. Just a layperson who has taken advice from others (professionals, friends and others) and found that I have discovered more along the way than I ever could have imagined and I am sure to learn so much more. My new discovery; A gluten-free diet is amaz-mo. Food tastes better! You have more energy! Y...