Skip to main content

New Discoveries with New Experiments

I have been making fewer posts because I have had fewer food discoveries.

One thing I have discovered is...If at first you don't succeed, try again. I have however, come to the conclusion that my homemade bread and crusts efforts are coming to an end. Each gluten-free bread has had a weird flavor and rubbery texture.  Today we bought our first loaf gluten-free bread from the grocery. We will try it this week and let you know the results.

New Experiments
Tonight we tried Red Mill Pizza Crust mix again. We spread the dough thinner and cooked the dough, longer, but it still came out looking and tasting like a rubber Frisbee. Bummer. Still looking for a great gluten-free pizza crust. :(

New Discoveries
I have found a great discovery in Naked Juices. They make a few juices that do not contain mango an ingredient to which  I am allergic. I read all the ingredients before I purchase. Today, I tried the Chocolate Banana Protein Juice. They do contain a little sugar, which I am not happy about, but they taste good and I truly want to jump on the juicing trend train. So I drank some and my husband drank some. We decided it tastes delicious. Then....I read the ingredients again. It contained Whey Protein. What!? Dang. So now on to the next. I was gassy for the next two hours. No fun.

My hubby is going to try a little gluten-free with me. That will be a fun new adventure.

TTFN

Have a Happy Healthy Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O-M-Goodness! Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (75% Sugar-Free)

This so sooo amazing! Of course, I had to tweek it to my dietary needs.  You are going to fall out of your chair at how easy and surprisingly delicious this is. Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Dairy-Free -  Gluten-Free -  Sugar-Free -  High in fiber and protein -  Low in fat -  250 calories   Ingredients: 3 Cups of Prepared Garbanzo aka Chickpeas (Or 2 cans Garbanzos that have been drained and well rinsed. I used Bush's brand.) 1 cup Quaker Oats Gluten-Free Quick Oats 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce 3 tbsp Coconut Oil 2 tsp Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp Baking Soda 2 tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp Salt (Finely ground sea salt from Sunshine Nutrition Center http://sunshinehealthy.com) 1 1/3 cups Truvia Brown Sugar with Stevia for baking (75% Sugar-Free) 1 Tbs. Molasses 1 cup Semisweet Carob Chips (http://sunshinehealthy.com) Directions:   Preheat Oven to 350     ˚F Combine all ingredients (except the...

Make Ahead & Freeze Gluten Free Recipes.

After 8 months of gluten free eating my husband is on board to cook gluten free meals for me. He is an amazing cook. He is creative, follows the recipe and adds his own flair to make the recipe all his own. He even came in 2nd at a huge chili cook off at our church. He has created two new home recipes for me. Both are make ahead recipes. Both are freezable. In our household we like to cook twice a week. Enough to be evening staple meals for two or three days. With only two of us it makes it easier than most families of 4 or more. With these new freezable recipes we have been trying, we can cook on Sunday and have meals for a month if we choose. These recipes can stay in the freezer for up to 3 months. Pizza Tot Casserole 1 1/2lbs ground beef                                     ...

The search for healthy delicious foods

I have been in a life long search to find healthy delicious foods that work for my health and my body. Always seeking to find the latest and greatest in foods and flavors that work best for me and my health. I am working to keep my body energetic and fit while overcoming health obstacles that I never imagined would be on my journey in this lifetime. I am writing this blog in the hopes to help others who are on the same journey. Busy women who are on a health quest for themselves and their families. Women who need to keep their energy high and their emotions on track daily so they can be a Proverbs 31 woman. (More to come about that later.) I am by no means an expert. Just a layperson who has taken advice from others (professionals, friends and others) and found that I have discovered more along the way than I ever could have imagined and I am sure to learn so much more. My new discovery; A gluten-free diet is amaz-mo. Food tastes better! You have more energy! Y...